Otterbine 5HP and 1HP High volume Industrial Aerators, Lake Karrinyup Country Club
In early 2016, Clearpond was approached by Total Eden to supply another Otterbine 1HP High volume industrial aerator for Lake Karrinyup Country Club.
Lake Karrinyup Country Club is a long term Otterbine supporter; having a total of 8 units currently in service. 2 x 5 HP High volume industrial aerator and 5 x 1HP High volume industrial aerator and 1 x ½ HP fractional unit.
A new aerator was required, as they were hosting The Perth International golfing event held from 25th to the 28th February 2016 which is marked as Australia’s richest tournament and a new feature for the event was required.
Discussing with Nigel Fitzpatrick, the Irrigation Technician, why they chose Otterbine, he said it is because ‘they are extremely happy with the Otterbine units, due to their longevity, reliability and reliance’. Lake Karrinyup has had some units for over 8 years without problems & they have replaced other units over to Otterbine due to the reliability.
Reliability and performance are very important from them, as the stakeholders want the course to be looking and playing its best at all times. The High volume units not only assist in the aesthetics and sounds of the course, but also being used in the irrigation lake aerating them to stop the irrigation lines blocking and thus increasing the reliability of the irrigations lines and reducing the maintenance on the systems.
Product Information: - Otterbine Industrial Aerators
1. Rugged closed cell foam filled low visibility polyethylene float.
2. Precision pitched stainless steel impeller is virtually unbreakable.
3. Protective arms secure motor unit and allow for easy handling.
4. Electrical disconnect is part of upper plate to prevent accidental damage.
5. Enclosed in a corrosion resistant, durable 18 gauge/316 grade stainless steel motor housing, the oil-cooled, efficient 1725/1425 RPM custom built motor has dynamically balanced rotors to move high volumes of water.
Our most powerful surface spray aerator, the High Volume is ideal for managing severe aquatic environments including effluent and other high nutrient ponds.
|Spray Height (m)
|Spray Diameter (m)
||230 - 400
||1 - 3
||14 - 4.2
| 1425 rpm @ 50Hz
Total Eden Bibra Lake
Lake Karrinyup Country Club
Open this Case Study in a PDF